Monday, March 17, 2008

Cousin K and Justin visit CO!

Hi family! We've had a fabulous past two weeks, from Kathy and Justin's visit to an unbelievable week in St. John. I'll start with our time in Colorado and then post again with our vacation details...

We took Kathy on a whirlwind tour of Boulder to convince her to come out here. I hope it worked for selfish reasons! Here we are on top of the student center at Justin's alma mater, CU. The Flatirons make for pretty impressive views around town, but this may be one of my favorites.
A trip up the canyon to Boulder Falls is only a short drive away. It was partially frozen this time of year, which I've never seen before, but was still coming down (see video below). We were all smiles!
She's ready to go! Kathy has already perfected her stance and we haven't even left Boulder.
Look how steep!!! Actually, I just didn't turn it sideways. :) It was a bit cloudy which obscured the view from the top of Keystone, but the snow made for a nice cushion. Kathy wouldn't know though, because she never fell. Ever.






Here she is getting off the ski lift for her first time. I've never seen anyone master this not-so-graceful-art so quickly! In fact, I still fall...regularly.


1 comment:

ijams said...

Alexis - This post is awesome! I love the pictures and the video! I can't wait to come back and visit and ski again! Don't worry, I will practice my skiing stance until then. Looking forward to seeing you and John at the reunion in two weeks!