Friday, May 23, 2008

I'm Gonna Need an Ocean...

Happy Friday family! Hope you all have some great plans for the long weekend. Travels in Europe included! Last weekend, John and I went backcountry camping with his boss and friend. We drove about 45 minutes to Roosevelt National Forest, between Lyons and Estes Park, CO. We hiked all the way down this valley into a canyon carved by the St. Vrain River. It took us about 3 hours to get to a site...but it was worth it.
Here I am, happily suspended between two Aspen trees. The river was steps away from our spot, and the canyon walls surrounded us on both sides. We drank bagged wine, built a fire, hung our food, and pooped out.
It was the perfect trip. Unfortunately, I am left with the worst of memories...a horrible case of poison ivy! Gross, huh? All my nurses will appreciate that I am now on prednisone after a visit to the hospital. They made me go in through the quaratine area! It's bad, but hopefully will heal soon. Mom, you'll be glad to know that further plans for backcountry trips are now on hold. :)
Love to you all,
Itchy and Pink

No comments: