Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Recent Activity

Hi guys! Hope you are all well if not wonderful. I am both...winding down a bit after a busy summer. I'm sending along a few photos since I got in trouble by Mama Speros for not sharing pictures that were on my Facebook page. Oops! I've added a couple here that aren't on there so you're getting exclusives. :)

This is John and I with our new temporary addition. Olive! She is a silky and smooth 9 year old black lab officially belonging to John's sister, Beth. Since she's in a band (pretty famous these days!), we're taking care of Olive while Beth tours in Europe.
I've been playing fiddle a good bit lately. It's so fun, and less squeaky all the time. I've got another lesson tonight, so start planning the extravaganza! (And yes, that's my blanket making sure my wrists don't bend.)
This rainbow (or should I say rainbows?) was just beautiful the other day. I wondered if it was also delicious. Verdict: yes!
Probably also delicious, and definitely as beautiful, was this elk. We saw him last weekend when driving through Rocky Mountain National Park. He had lots of ladies around him...and no wonder! What a stud.
Finally, our casa! I thought about posting a "before" image of our house pre-porch, but am waiting until the project and painting are fully done. We have finsihed the majority of it after completing the railing this past weekend. At this point, just bead board on the ceiling, steps leading up to it, a wrap on the roof post, and a trap door for the hose remain. Whoo! It's been quite the undertaking, but it is a huge improvement. Note John taking pride in his work and Olive monitoring from the shadows in the yard...
It's been great getting updates from everyone lately. Charles, you are out of trouble too! Way to go. Love you all lots,
Lex

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the porch with its railing!! It looks soooo great, especially with John on it admiring his handiwork. Thanks for the pics too. I love them!!
Mom